this time of year always brings about a feeling of nostalgia, or reflection, on what the past year has brought. and, now that i’m in vacation mode, i had to put together some words of thanks + love + just general wow-ness about what 2015 brought. because i’m sittin’ over here in my little corner of the world, making messes and designing things, but it’s you….the people who show love + support that help keep me going.
so, here goes….a little look back….
|photo credit: jeff threewitt with invironments magazine|
– i started writing. like, yes, i’ve been writing on this little blog, but i started full-fledged article writing. and this all happened because of some ah-mazing friends + fans. words can’t describe how thankful i have been for the opportunity to become a regular contributor at invironments magazine + for all of the fantastic good vibes that have come from it. i know not everyone is into diy, but when i hear that someone has tried one of the projects i write about, that’s a cool, cool feeling.
|my donation to the 2015 for the love of the game fundraiser!|
– so many of you trusted me to make some pretty special pieces for your homes. seriously. what i love so much is when new friends see what i share on my shop, and have an idea that they want me to make come true for them. that’s fun stuff. here’s a couple of my faves from this year here, here, here, here, and here.
– insta-awesomeness. i fell in love with instagram. that’s really all. and, if you love instagram too, be sure to follow me at @reneststudio!
– some amazing milestones. like, awesome sales. and, amazing viewers to the blog. all of this is only possible with y’all. i can’t tell you how much i appreciate you all!
– an amazing sycamore pumpkin fest autumn craft + treasures market! i love getting to set up my work and sharing and telling the story about what i do what i do. but this year was super, super special. it was truly a combo of events that made me sign up for this great show, and then, what was even more awesomesauce, was the new friends i met while there! it was such an amazingly wonderful weekend + such an opportunity to share and grow!
– and, some big goals are up ahead for 2016! i am so fortunate to spend this time at the holidays to recharge, plan + plot out the next year. i have every finger and toe crossed for something big in april, and i have some very cute holiday exclusives that i’ll offer throughout the year! i can’t wait!
as 2015 winds down, i thank each of you. for being a fan, for your words of encouragement, for your support, and being the absolute best group of fans + friends + loved ones and for being in my court. here’s to 2016 + all of the amazingness it will bring!